OUR SPORTS FIRST AID RESPONSE TRAINING COURSE COVERs:
The one day First Aid for volunteers at road and park events certificate course is a great introduction to first aid in a sports environment to gain the essential knowledge, skills and decisions for all first aiders in this sector. Especially addressing the influence of sports activity upon casualty care.
It is specifically designed to meet the needs of those involved in sporting events as: race organisers/marshals, group exercise instructors, coaches and volunteers
Certification is dependent on successful assessment during the course and passing a multiple choice question paper. Those who complete the course successfully are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years. The certificate entitles the candidate to be a Sports First Aider from date of issue.
There are no pre-requisites to attend this course.
Course content: Role of first aider
What this course includes:
- Communication and casualty care
- What to pack in your first aid kit
- Hygiene precautions
- Reporting and recording of incidents/accident
- Management of a first aid incident in an emergency
- Emergencies in public
- Communication and access for ambulance services
- Evacuation of a casualty
- Administer first aid to a casualty (child or adult)
- Primary survey #Unconscious casualty (including seizures)
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Head injury (concussion)
- Chest pains
- Extremes of hot and cold
- Minor conditions (cuts, grazes, bruises and splinters)
- Minor bleeding (face, mouth, tongue, loss of teeth)
- Management of fractures, sprains, dislocation, tendons, cramp.
Course availability: We are able to run this course at our own training facility in Northampton. Alternatively we can deliver the course at client premises. We run courses from a wide number of locations throughout the UK.
Course booking: To book this course please call (01604) 210 500 or email [email protected]
WHY CHOOSE SAFE AND TRAINED?
- Our experienced and knowledgeable trainers have delivered all ranges of first aid training from 1 day to 5 day advanced courses.
- Our training is high quality and up to date, with the latest equipment and handouts for your people.
- We are able to bespoke the course to your business industry, relating the examples to ‘real life scenarios’ to have added value to the training.
- Your business will have a dedicated course co-ordinator to help you with the training for both booking and implementation.
- Our first aid training has been described as ‘fun’ and ‘interactive’.
Get In Touch with Safe and Trained
28 Queensbridge, Rushmills, Northampton, NN4 7BF